Monday, July 29, 2013

...freaky creepy girl listening to sketchy podcasts...



I always write about super serious stuff, so when this happened today, I knew that I had to share my life on a more humorous note.

While on my way to physical therapy, I began listening to a MercyTalk podcast by Nancy Alcorn.  My physical therapy lasts about 2.5 hours, then I get stim and Game Ready for 15 minutes.  Game Ready is this really awesome icepack on steroids because it also uses compression.  It's pretty magical.

But I digress.

Today I decided that I should bring my headphones in and listen to the end of my podcast while laying there with the Game Ready.  Sounds good, right?

The podcast I was listening to was Nancy talking about this girl who was crying.  She was mad at God because she couldn't understand why God would let her get pregnant.  It's actually a really good story that you should listen to sometime, but today it took on a whole new meaning for me.

Last week I got a new phone and it came with new headphones.  This was my first time using the headphones, so I plugged them in and started my podcast, but I couldn't hear anything.  So I just kept turning up the volume on my phone.

That's when I realize that the headphone jack isn't all the way plugged in.

Before I knew it, all I hear is Nancy screaming "SEX" through the entire open gym and everyone (physical therapists, assistants, techs, and patients included) turns and looks at me like I'm some kind of freaky creepy girl listening to sketchy podcasts.

All I could do was stutter the words "Nancy Alcorn," "Mercy Ministries," and "pregnant girl."  I'm not entirely sure that helped my cause, or that of Mercy Ministries for that matter.

Mostly it was thoroughly embarrassing.

What Nancy Alcorn was actually saying was that the girl wasn't pregnant because God "let" her get pregnant.  She was pregnant because she had sex.  It's a good lesson in life and one that I've heard countless times before.

So what's the moral of the story?  Honestly, I think I'm learning not to take myself so seriously.  Because life is just too hilarious to do otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment